Friday, January 16, 2009

Grandpa's 83!

 
The German cake I made! (ALL FROM SCRATCH! Including the frosting.)
Grandpa turned 83 yesterday! Whoo! Hard to believe! 
I feel so lucky to have him here on his birthday because if he were in Utah the whole family would have had a big dinner for him and they would of hung out...but instead WE, the Butlers in North Carolina, got him! 
I answered about 4 different calls from Utah. :) Grandpa's a loved man!
It was sooooo funny! Grandpa only had 4 candles to blow out (an eight and then 3 separate ones) and he only got 2 of them on his first blow! :) We were laughing soo hard! He just smiled and said it looked so easy he hardly tried but then didn't blow hard enough! It was a fun night. 

 
Grandpa Jones blowing out his two candles. ;)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

happymom5 said...

I love german chocolate cake--it's my all time favorite. Yours looks delicious--I will have to get your recipe :)