Thursday, January 22, 2009

No Reason. (Carrot Cake)

 

Tuesday evening I made carrot cake from scratch. I figured since they canceled mutual (due to black ice from 6pm until morning) I had some time on my hands. Everyone kept asking me, "Is there a special reason?" Nope.
The cake took a while to prepare, but it was worth it. I had fun using my carrot cake decorating skills that I learned at a young woman stake activity.
You would never be ale to guess...but there are 9 whole cups of shredded carrots in the recipe! My grandpa saw all the shredded carrots in a bowel and said, "Well that's one way to get kids to eat their vegetable." Haha, funny grandpa. (btw, we increased the "regular" size by 50%)
We are still enjoying our Grandparents visit here. (Parents of my mom.) They are leaving January 31st. I am sure that time will come all too quickly!

 
Grandpa Jones, Grandma Jones, & Angela out in our field!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: